This was a big week!
We learned everything we need to safely and confidently migrate apps from React 17 to React 18!
Check out this week’s video recap on:
- Using legacy and new root APIs on the same page
- Conditionally rendering new root API
- Replacing the legacy root render callback
- Understanding automatic batching
- and Opting out of automatic batching with flushSync
Pay close attention because tomorrow there will be a test 😊
If you like your tutorials fast and furious, check out my brand new egghead course Migrate a Client-Side App to React 18 beta. We cover everything we’ve covered with some additional tips on class components.